Club History

The KIWANIS CLUB OF LEWISTON-AUBURN was chartered as one of 7,700 clubs in 80 countries in 1922. Our motto is "Serving the Children of the World".

    • 1922
      • May 19 - Club Chartered
      • September 27 - Kiwanis Inter-City Field Day - "full afternoon of sports" between the Lewiston-Auburn and Augusta Kiwanis Clubs held at Poland Spring
    • 1974
      • October 1 - Officer installation at Roundhouse Motor Inn, Auburn: Immediate Past President Armand L. Dallaire; President Robert L. Brunelle; 1st Vice President Robert E. Buchanan; 2nd Vice President William A. Vassar; Secretary Leroy Linnell; Treasurer Wayne Quimby; Directors Roland Durocher, Faunce Pendexter, John Wall, Jr., Adarsh K. Sharma, Donald LaRochelle, Stanley Bixby, and Paul Ames, Jr. (
    • 1996